Outside of academic journals, bar journals and newsletters, and content for websites, I have also authored numerous articles for third-party publications. These articles have appeared both online and in print in the U.S. and abroad. Some examples include:
- “This Meat Stinks!” – A Primer on Warranties, The Franchisee Voice (AAFD) (Fall 2006).
- U.S. Supreme Court Changes Course on Minimum Resale Price Maintenance, Franchising World, p.59 (Nov. 2007).
- Top 10 Things to Consider for Prospective Franchisees, Opportunity World (2008-2009).
- Qualitative Due Diligence for Prospective Food Franchisees, Opportunity World, p.26 (Mar.-Apr. 2009).
- Purchasing an Existing Franchised Business: Due Diligence, Pitfalls and Protecting Your Investment, Opportunity World, p.68 (Winter 2009).
- An Introduction to Trademarks for the Uninitiated Solopreneur, The Solopreneur Life (Oct. 28 2010).
- Franchises and Business Opportunities: Understanding the Difference, Asia Franchise & Business Opportunities Magazine (July – Sept. 2011).
- Trademarks 101, DealUmpire.com (Sept. 27, 2011).
- Four Benefits of a Trademark Monitoring Program, IAFD (www.franchise-info.ca) (Oct. 17, 2011).
- What Happens to Franchisees when their Franchisor Goes Out of Business?, Franchise Chatter (Nov. 11, 2011).
- 7 Due Diligence Tips for Future Franchisees, The Franchise King (Nov. 15, 2011).
- What Solopreneurs Can Learn from ING’s Failed Trademark Efforts, The Solopreneur Life (Nov. 15, 2011).
- More on the Benefits and Costs of Trademark Monitoring, IAFD (www.franchise-info.ca) (Mar. 6, 2012).
- 4 Best Practices for Law Firm Website and Blog Content, Law Practice Advisor (Jan. 17, 2015).
- Fridays with Fabian Legal Column on 365daysofstartups.com (2010-2011).
- Regular legal column for FranchiseHelp.com (syndicated to Yahoo! Small Business Advisor) (2010-2012).
- Regular legal column for Under30CEO.com (2011-2012).
- Regular legal column for Tech.li (2012).